Your intellectual property is worth protecting with proper legal counsel
The products of the mind are often more valuable to a company than its physical assets. That is why it is critical to protect intellectual property (IP). At Graubard Miller, our lawyers work with businesses, inside counsel and other law firms to protect client trademarks, trade dress, trade secrets, copyrights and other intellectual property assets. We are able to prosecute or defend trademark, trade dress, design patents, copyright infringement, false advertising, unfair competition and trade secret misappropriation claims.
Representation in IP claims related to unfair competition
We successfully have handled a variety of unfair competition issues such as:
- The recruitment or “raiding” of a competitor’s employees
- The right of former employees to duplicate computer software or complex investment programs
- Claims brought against generic drug companies by “brand name” companies for unfair competition in connection with the sale of generic drugs
- Trade secret protection for computer-related materials, customer lists and client information
- Theft of corporate opportunities
- Protection of trade names and intellectual property including trademarks, service marks, copyrights and design patents
- Enforceability of various forms of restrictive covenants and noncompetition agreements
Our law firm represents both national and international clients, including manufacturing and pharmaceutical companies, broker-dealers, investment banking firms, law firms, other business entities and individuals. We utilize litigation, arbitration, negotiations and business planning strategies in areas of unfair competition, copyright, trade secrets, and trademarks including both Lanham Act and common law matters.