We handle complex matters whether it’s around the corner or around the globe.
- Corporate Transactions
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Public and Private Offerings of Equity and Debt Securities
- Securities Law
David Alan Miller is the managing partner of Graubard Miller and head of its Corporate and Securities Department. He joined the firm in 1982 and became a partner in 1987.
Mr. Miller has a wide-ranging practice that includes representing domestic and international clients, including many broker-dealers, in a variety of corporate transactions such as public and private offerings of equity and debt securities, mergers and acquisitions, and restructurings. He has been practicing securities law for over 40 years. Mr. Miller takes pride in the firm's ability to represent an emerging growth client in its formation, early stage financings, and IPO, and to continue to serve as its outside general counsel through all stages of client growth.
Mr. Miller was one of the creators of the financial product called a "SPAC," or "Special Purpose Acquisition Company," in 1993. Since that time, Graubard Miller has provided advice on hundreds of SPAC IPOs and more than 100 SPAC business combinations. As a result of his pioneering status, Mr. Miller has been actively involved in the SPAC marketplace longer than any other attorney in the world.
Mr. Miller has been ranked by Chambers and Partners USA as the "Senior Statesperson" of SPACs - "The Dean of the SPAC industry," "having advised clients on the product since its inception."
Mr. Miller is a member of the American Bar Association (Business Law Section, Committees on Federal Regulation of Securities and Mergers and Acquisitions); and the New York County Lawyers Association (Committee on Securities and Exchanges).
Mr. Miller has been listed in "Super Lawyers" every year since 2006.
- New York, 1980
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. - 1980
- State University of New York, Stony Brook, New York
- B.A. - 1975
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- W. Averell Harriman College of Urban and Policy Sciences, Stony Brook, New York
- M.S. - 1977
- Honors: Graduate Council Fellow
- American Bar Association Business Law Section Committees on Federal Regulation of Securities and Mergers and Acquisitions
- New York County Lawyers Association Committee on Securities and Exchanges
- SPACs: rebuilt and here to stay?" (Financier Worldwide, December 2010, with Jeffrey M. Gallant)
- SPAC IPOs in 2008" (Financier Worldwide, January 2008)
- Delisting/Deregistration of Securities under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934" (Insight, October 2003, with Marci J. Frankenthaler)
- Super Lawyers, 2006 - Present
- Ranked as the “Senior Statesperson” of SPACs by Chambers and Partners USA