Graubard Miller approaches litigation from a business perspective. To the astute business person, litigation is not an end in itself. Rather, litigation is a tool to be used to achieve a worthwhile business objective. In order to achieve a successful outcome in litigation, context needs to be understood quickly and thoroughly. On other occasions, litigation can be called upon to prevent a problem from unnecessarily escalating.
Our litigators are experienced trial and appellate lawyers who regularly appear in a variety of forums, including federal and state courts, arbitration venues throughout the United States and various administrative and regulatory agencies. Our clients include multinational corporations as well as individuals and small and mid-size businesses.
We work closely with inside legal counsel, business owners and managers to develop effective litigation strategies. When applicable, we also develop and make substantial use of alternative dispute resolution methods and techniques.
Graubard Miller attorneys litigate across a broad spectrum of substantive law areas, including:
- Securities and futures litigation, including allegations of fraud and other securities law claims (including federal securities class actions and shareholder disputes)
- Commercial and securities arbitrations and mediations
- Claims alleging or involving misappropriation of trade secrets, and infringement of trademarks, copyrights and other intellectual property
- Corporate governance issues
- Creditors' rights litigation
- Disputes involving complex corporate and commercial transactions
- Employment disputes, including breach of employment contracts, misuse of confidential information, discrimination claims and employee raiding
- Entertainment litigation
- Franchise litigation
- Internal corporate investigations
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Real estate litigation, including sales, construction contracts, and leasing and landlord-tenant disputes
- Trusts and estates litigation