Peter A. Schwartz
Peter A. Schwartz heads Graubard Miller's real estate department. He joined the firm as a partner in January 2002. From 1991 through 2001, he was a founding partner in Fromme Schwartz Newman & Cornicello, LLP.
Mr. Schwartz has more than twenty-five years of experience in real estate transactions and litigation, including the acquisition, conveyance and financing of property, commercial leasing, cooperative and condominium law, contract disputes and commercial and residential landlord/tenant matters. Mr. Schwartz has specialized knowledge of rent stabilization and rent control, having litigated numerous matters before the New York State Division of Housing and Community Renewal, and appeals in the Courts.
Mr. Schwartz often lectures on landlord/tenant law and rent regulation issues. He is a member of the advisory board of "Apartment Law Insider" and has published articles on real estate law.
Mr. Schwartz is AV® PreeminentTM Martindale Hubbell Peer Review rated.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate Transactions and Litigation
- New York, 1982
- New Jersey, 1982
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1982
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1982
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1982
- Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York
- J.D. - 1981
- The Maxwell School of Citizenship & Public Affairs at Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York
- M.P.A. - 1981
- Rutgers College, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- B.A. - 1978